Skookum Surrey Events Coordinator
Skookum Surrey is seeking an Events Coordinator to plan and deliver community-based gatherings for urban Indigenous people living in Surrey.
The objective of these gatherings is to engage with the 16,000 urban Indigenous people living in Surrey and deepen connections in the city. This is a contract position for $1,000 per week until March 31st, 2022.
- Facilitate cultural learning and sharing in ways that celebrate and uplift the urban Indigenous community in Surrey.
- Make all arrangements and plans including securing venues, observing protocols, arranging catering, identifying cultural hosts, advertising, and promoting events.
- Work with the Skookum Surrey team to amplify events and activities.
- Ensure health and safety of participants.
- Manage financial budgets.
- Maintain the standard and reputation of Skookum Surrey.
- Knowledge of Indigenous community and experience working with children and families.
- Communication and diplomacy.
- Self-directed and able to complete tasks with minimal supervision.
- Great organizational and time management skills.
- Team player.
- Experience in facilitating gatherings.
- Have your own phone, computer, and workspace.
- Have transportation options.
- Have or be willing to obtain a valid first-aid certificate.
- Provide a criminal record check.
Preference will be given to Indigenous applicants.
Interested applicants can email: IndigenousLeadership@Surrey.ca
DEADLINE TO APPLY: SEPTEMBER 19, 2021